Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why Am I Forever LATE????

Mmmm...probably because I am never really satisfied with my own creations - so I tend to do them over and over. Which is exactly why it is July 22 and I am STILL working on this latest project. I snagged the color scheme from the good people at Digiscrap Addicts. Their newsletter - The Enabler - provides a color scheme every month and designers are encouraged to submit entries based on it. Of course the deadline was July 1st...and it is obviously WAY past that. Hehehe. However, I was having so much fun coming up with something that I decided to finish it anyway and just post it here.

So - the color scheme given was this:






I have two boys, ages 7 and 14, and they both LOVE to be outdoors. Since I was laid off at the beginning of the summer (hours reduced from full time to 3 days a week) we have spent countless hours at the lake. Consequently, I have lots of shots of my boys fishing. So - voila' - that became my theme. I have the majority of it done, but there are still a couple tweaks to finish. Instead of posting a preview of the items, I lifted a layout from a gallery and made a page using my designs. (SO, SO Sorry for whoever's layout this is...I can't give you credit because I didn't write it down. It was originally from Vinnie Pearce's blog - the Lift This challenge - and I've noticed that the challenges have been removed so I wasn't able to go back and find it.

Anyway - here is the scrap page:



Maybe - just maybe - I will have it done by the end of the week. :o) Then it is on to next month's color scheme! Who knows....maybe I will get that one done on time.


Credits: Everything is mine except the stitching. The circle stitching is by Natali Design and the zigzag ones are from Vinnie Pearce.











And this is all mine except for the little word strips that spell "fishing" - those are the awesome Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals.

So....what ya think? Ready for the download? :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment